Wednesday, October 5, 2011

MORE DEMONSTRATION, LESS PROFILE

The Ministers of the Gospel that are ministering in today’s society will have to have more power of the Holy Ghost than they ever had before, because the saints are going through excruciating battles. The people of God don’t really care what the ministers accomplishments were in the past. They like myself are asking “where is the beef“. The Apostle Paul said it s clearly in 1Co 2:4 “And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of men's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power.”
When my husband and myself were building Healing Ministries Bible College we dealt with this all the time with different business men. They always told us how great they were in their specialize craft and deserved the high pay they were asking for. but most of the time it remain to be seen even a third of what their claims were. There were times we actually had to hire someone else to do what the previous worker had been paid to do. Thus, Because of what I experienced with so many workers, I began to price everything myself as well as look at other workers finished projects before even having a conversation with a new worker. My husband would laugh at times when I was questioning a perspective hire worker because he knew I already had the facts and he knew when I was finished with their sales pitch even though they were still promoting themselves. It was over as far as I was concerned for they had not convinced me they were whom they claimed they were and that their work was that great.
That attitude has become the attitude of many of God’s people today. . They too want to see something outside of the ministers sale pitch. The people of God are going through horrible battles and they don’t want a sale pitch of who God was and who He will one day be. They are saying what the father said to Jesus in Lu 9:40, “ And I begged Your disciples to cast him out, and they could not.” At least those disciples wanted to know why they couldn't set the young man free. The ministeries today need to ask Jesus the same question. Jesus told his disciples in Matthew 10:7, “ And as you go, proclaim, saying, The kingdom of Heaven is at hand. 8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. You have received freely, freely give.”: Lu 9:2, “ And He sent them to proclaim the kingdom of God and to heal the sick.” Lu 10:9, “ And heal the sick that are in it, and say to them, The kingdom of God has come near you!” These are our Lord’s words. We don’t have to convince the saints that Jesus wants to do these things for them. They too believe that and that is why they come into our services to see if maybe we have been sent to do these things for that is our calling. We are to preach Jesus and His Kingdom and demonstrate His power by healing the sick, and the broken hearted and setting the captive free. We are sent to do them in His name. Jesus said in Lu 4:18, "The Spirit of the Lord is on Me; because of this He has anointed Me to proclaim the Gospel to the poor. He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim deliverance to the captives, and new sight to the blind, to set at liberty those having been crushed,” Then Jesus said in John 20:21, “ Then Jesus said to them again, Peace to you. As My Father has sent Me, even so I send you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment