Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Blessings for such a time as this

At 5:30 this morning the scripture came to me of, Esther 4:13 And Mordecai told them to answer Esther: "Do not think in your heart that you will escape in the king's palace any more than all the other Jews. 14 "For if you remain completely silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father's house will perish. Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?"
Esther did not want to rock the boat in her chosen life. Life was good, better than it had ever been. She was afraid to ask the king for anything unless he called for her. She didn't want to risk her life. who would? Yet Mordecai knew how desperate his position was as well as all the other Jews were. He loved Esther and he didn't want to put her life at risk, but there had to be someone to help them. She only was close enough to the king to stop the destroying of the Jews. She reluctantly obey and saved Mordecai and the Jews lives as well as her own life. Her life was saved by her mercy to Mordecai.
Thirty years ago our old church in Cushing, OK. hit hard times during the oil fall. I went to one of my millionaire friends who had made that year eleven million in oil. I asked for help. Her husband had instructed her not to help us, but secretly she did anyway. A few years later her husband lost everything overnight, because he hired a lawyer that was a thief. She called me to her home to asked if I thought she would lose their beautiful home. I started to tell her yes, because her husband would not acknowledge God in his tithes. But the Lord stop me and said that she had been like Abigail was with King David before he ever became king. The Lord reminded me of her gift that had been given secretly to our church. I spoke into her life that she would not loose her home, because she had bound mercy around her neck in our time of need. And she lived in that home until they moved to California.
Healing Ministries Bible College like Mordecai, is fighting for survival. I humbled myself and asked for help on Facebook to those who knew the Rathbuns and Healing Ministries Bible College. To my amazement none, but three women who had very little to give were the ones that heard my cry.
I know my God will bring us victory from another avenue, because HE is faithful. But remember when you think you are so secure that you can put your hands over your ears when one cries, remember this Proverbs 21: 13 ¶ Whoever shuts his ears to the cry of the poor Will also cry himself and not be heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment