Monday, February 13, 2012

I read this scripture in the Bible , but I don't see this scripture in today saints.
The Apostle Paul loving Jesus and the Gospel more than life itself, suffered so much for the Gospel and the work of the ministry wrote this to the Church of Jesus Christ.
1 Cor. 13:4 "¶ Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, DOES NOT SEEK ITS OWN, is not provoked, thinks no evil;6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7. BEARS ALL THINGS, believes all things, hopes all things, ENDURES ALL THINGS."
From where I stand it seems to me that nearly every decision the modern child of God makes today's is based on seeking his own benefits. They refuse to bear any hardship for the work of the ministry. I had someone tell me recently they could not go to the church where the their heart wanted to go to if they wanted to live peaceably in their home. I thought of the many women in the early days of Pentecostal church who were lock out of their homes at night for going to church. Many were even beaten. My own grandmother, Rosa Cadwalter and her brother, Hugh Cadwalter were thrown out of their family's home for receiving the Holy Spirit. When given a choice, they chose to serve their God in the way they knew was right and real. Because of their choice and many more saints, the Pentecostal Denominational is the largest Protestant organizational today except for the Roman Catholics church.
Today many have sold out their convictions for less than thirty pieces of silver and will not endures anything that has some kind of pain or pressure for the cause of the Gospel. But rather for the most part they seek THEIR own as does the world. I ask myself what happen to the child of God that understood his position in Christ, "that after doing all STAND.
2 Cor. 4:16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, 18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal."
I can truly boast in these scriptures for they have been tried in me many times. Many people as well as ministers have tried to talk me out of my own convictions, telling me that God did not want me to suffer for the Kingdom of Jesus Christ. I believe instead of asking out of every trial, ask God for more GRACE. GRACE that is much bigger than the trial. Also sometimes God is working on you. Remember what Peter said " 1Pe 4:12 ¶ Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you;." The Apostle Paul said he bore the marks of the Lord Jesus Christ in his body. Child of God there are trials but He will deliver you out of them all if you are faithful. I don't regret a time that I trusted in HIS WORD and His faithfulness in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment